FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A UNIQUE CANCER CARE GIFT PACKAGE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE FROM CANCER CARE PARCEL AND TWIST OUT CANCER
Partnership launched on Sunday, June 6 to celebrate National Cancer Survivors Day®
June 3, 2021, Chicago – Twist Out Cancer, an international non-profit charitable organization that provides psychosocial support to individuals touched by cancer through creative arts programming, announced today it has partnered with Cancer Care Parcel to make Touched by Cancer Gift Boxes available to anyone that has been touched by cancer. This includes, previvors, survivors, caregivers, or anyone currently undergoing treatment for cancer. Cancer Care Parcel is based in the United Kingdom and enables people with cancer to bring some calm back into their lives through practical and enjoyable gifts that provide comfort for those going through a difficult time. Some of the proceeds from sales of these Gift Boxes will be donated to Twist Out Cancer.
“We are overjoyed to partner with Dr. Shara Cohen and the team at Cancer Care Parcel, who have been providing these gift packages for years to people all over the world,” said August Spree, the Director of Programs at Twist Out Cancer. “On National Cancer Survivor’s Day, it is important to remember that the trauma and recovery from someone’s cancer diagnosis can stay with you for years, even after they are in remission. This unique box that Shara put together can help anyone touched by cancer – in any point of their journey – feel a sense of calm. It is also a great way to send support to a loved one who has had an experience with cancer. Sometimes a card doesn’t seem like enough – Cancer Care Parcel is a wonderful alternative.”
The Touched by Cancer Gift Boxes can be ordered at: https://cancercareparcel.co.uk/main/cancer-care-parcel-shop/touched-by-cancer. Each box includes:
- A caffeine-free Calm Tea, which is an herbal tea blend to enhance peace and calm.
- Two Neck Cushions, which can help people to get comfortable and relax.
- A Premium Hand Sanitizer that is both gentle and effective and is made from a natural solution.
- A Super Soft Blanket, which can be used at home when convalescing and also just for pampering.
- A Candle, which can be used to create a relaxed atmosphere.
- An Essential Oil Diffuser, which disperses essential oils into the air and fills the area with a natural fragrance. This can be used to help unwind after a tough day.
- A Water Bottle to help everyone stay hydrated during long days.
- A Massager, which can help relieve tension and relax tense and tender muscles.
- Lip Balm, which can instantly soothe dry lips and locks in moisture for a bit of pampering.
- Hand Cream that is made from a balancing moisturizer which hydrates where required, for combatting dryness and for pampering relaxation.
- A Hot Water Bottle, which can be used for pampering and to give comfort.
- An Eye Gel Mask, which can soothe tired eyes and be used for relaxation.
Dr. Shara Cohen, the CEO and founder of Cancer Care Parcel, said, “As I am currently in remission from Breast Cancer and am an Inspiration in their Brushes With Cancer program, I know how worthwhile their work is. I am delighted that Cancer Care Parcel can partner with Twist Out Cancer to reach their community with our Gift Boxes.”
Upcoming Brushes With Cancer programs include the Northeastern Program on Sunday, October 10, 2021; the Midwestern Program on Saturday, November 13, 2021; and the Southern Program on Sunday, March 20, 2022. If you would like to bring Brushes With Cancer to your city, or if you have any questions on corporate partnerships, please contact Amelia Hanrahan at [email protected].
About Twist Out Cancer
Established in 2011 as a non-profit organization, Twist Out Cancer offers the platform, tools and community – both online and offline – for anyone touched by cancer to feel connected to a community, and for many to take action. Twist Out Cancer was founded on the principle that when you share, the world opens up. Since its inception, the organization has touched over 40,000 people around the world through its programs and events. A labor of love, Twist Out Cancer is a volunteer-led organization boasting a network of over 200 active volunteers serving as ambassadors in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Ann Arbor, Austin, Tel Aviv, Toronto, and Montreal. More information is available at www.twistoutcancer.org.
About Cancer Care Parcel
Cancer Care Parcel provides the opportunity to buy friends, colleagues and loved ones gifts they need. The thoughtful, appropriate, and useful cancer gifts are created in the United Kingdom by people who have experienced cancer. Cancer Care Parcel also provides gift box donations and support to Cancer charities and uses profits to support the cancer community. The company also helps drive awareness campaigns, acts on the advice of their supporters, and fills in gaps that are needed in the Cancer Community. Cancer Care Parcel was founded by Dr. Shara Cohen after she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2013. Dr Cohen is the lead scientific advisor at Optimised Healthcare, which is a medical profiling company that provides advanced disease prediction, prevention, and wellness optimization services. More information is available at https://cancercareparcel.co.uk/.
# # #
For media inquiries on Twist Out Cancer, please contact Joshua Taustein at [email protected].
For media inquiries on Cancer Care Parcel, please send an email to: [email protected].