Family Voices 110 Hartwell Avenue,, Lexington, USA, United States of America MA 02421
With families at the center of health care, all children and youth reach their full potential and health disparities are eliminated.
Family Voices is a national organization and grassroots network of families and friends of children and youth with special health care needs and disabilities that promotes partnership with families–including those of cultural, linguistic and geographic diversity—in order to improve healthcare services and policies for children.
- Social justice and the promotion of health equity
- Authentic family-centered care that recognizes family as the center of a child’s life and as an equal partner in decision-making about all aspects of the child’s care
- Effective family/professional partnerships at the local, state, and national level
- Inclusion and connection of underserved families representing the cultural, linguistic and geographic diversity of the population
- Connected and informed family leaders and youth leaders as powerful change agents
- Children and youth with special needs and their families becoming empowered self-advocates
- Family engagement in prevention, health and wellness in clinical and community settings.
- Develop family and youth leaders, particularly those from underserved and underrepresented populations
- Maintain and strengthen Family Voices’ leadership role for children and youth with special health care needs (SHCN) and disabilities through advocacy and partnerships
- Create and support policy positions for children and youth with SHCN and disabilities
- Connect and enhance a vibrant national network of family organizations that reflect the diversity of the population they serve
- Maintain and strengthen organizational structure and capacity